My Bad Experience With Myron Global


This is what I found when I opened the back of my "brand new" Garmin heart-rate monitor.

In early July, I purchased a Garmin Edge 305 GPS device with heart-rate monitor for my bike from an Atlanta-based consumer electronics company called Myron Global.

I purchased it on eBay for $229.95. It was listed as "brand new."

When I received it, the GPS device worked fine, but I could never quite get the wireless heart-rate monitor to "talk" to the Garmin properly. I thought it was just me, that I needed to spend more time reading the instructions, etc.

Then I went to Croatia for two weeks. When I returned, I eventually tried again with the Garmin and the heart-rate monitor, but it still wouldn't work. I figured that perhaps the battery was dead, even though it was supposed to be new.

I unscrewed the battery compartment to find an incredible mess. The inside was totally corroded. Something was terribly wrong. It had either been used and abused before or ... I don't know what. I cleaned the compartment and tried the new battery, but it still wouldn't work.

I have attempted to contact the company twice via e-mail. They do not have a telephone number listed. In my e-mail, I told them what happened, and even included a photograph of the damage.

I have heard absolutely nothing from them, so I resolved to write this blog entry to warn others. I will also post very negative feedback about the company on eBay.

I've never had a bad experience on eBay, after dozens and dozens of transactions.

On their eBay page, Myron Global says, "We sincerely hope to make your buying experience with us a pleasant one." What a joke.

I hope Myron Global will contact me and rectify this problem. In the meantime, I would advise anyone thinking of buying from this company to reconsider.

Stay tuned.

Comments

amidnightrider said…
Too many companies work that way. I have had the same problems with Banjo Brothers and Morph pumps. Most companies like that don't really care that much about complaints until they get the attention of large audiences publically. The dirty bastards. 8>)
Tony Inglis said…
Hey Grant,

I wanted to let you know that I have been fighting this company as well. After reading your blog, I was inspired to create my own. I hope you'll read it. I'm a cyclist as well by the way. That's just coincidental.

http://myronglobalstinks.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts